So, I was planning to give my thoughts on the premier of some TV
shows, but I missed the TGIT (Thank God Its Thursday) shows last night-- Grey's
Anatomy and How To Get Away With Murder. :( Even as a college senior, homework
is still a thing. Anyways, I thought I would take this post to tell you more
about myself and how I think.
First, I guess I
should say that I was raised by two loving parents who never told me that I
couldn't do anything, unless i was trying to stick my had on the stove. I
grew up in the mountains, so I enjoy spending time outside. I appreciate the art
and natural beauty of nature. I think that appreciation extends into other
things as well, like music, seemingly crappy movies, technology, and other weird
things you wouldn't really think to be artistic and beautiful.
For example, 3D
printers. One wouldn't really consider a printer beautiful, but I kind of do. The
way that someone came up with the idea, and was able to put it into existence. The
way each part moves, has a purpose, and works to be able to do something that
wasn't even really thought of. It’s beautiful to me.
And if from this
explanation you can’t tell that I’m a bit of a romantic then I will say it: I
am a bit of a romantic. I don't even know if I want to get into this because I could
go on and on about how much I love reading romance novels, getting lost in the
love story of two fictional characters, and how I guess that makes me see
things through rose-colored lenses; but I won’t. What I will say is that I
don't think I actually see things through rose-colored lenses. I think that I
have been through enough things and meet so many different people from all
walks of life to know what life is really like and that I shouldn't take an
unrealistic positivity to it all.
Out of all of this
I hope that you all understand that I do try to see the beauty and art in
everything. And in that, it does mean that I do see the ugly side too. I try to
walk that fine line, I suppose.
No comments:
Post a Comment